Saturday, November 12, 2011

Work in Progress

This is what I managed to accomplish with 6 to 7 hours of sculpting. I still have a long way to go with this piece. It might take me another 6 to 7 hours to complete it.
This sculpture is hollow on the inside. I used coiling technique on the body and neck. I like coiling. Most of my work is created with this technique. Pinching is another technique that I use quite frequently. I usually pinch my clay heads.


And this is one of the best sculpting tools I have in my collection! It is designed by Philippe Faraut, I used it to sculpt the eyes and lips. It works beautifully.


 
This is the very first time I sculpted hands for my sculpture. And I just couldn't resist doing the Vulcan salute.


This is what the hand looks like when it's not doing the Vulcan salute.

No comments:

Post a Comment